Sunday, April 17, 2005

Is Anyone Else as Crazy as Me?

Sometimes I think the things I do are pretty crazy. Not the risktaker way, but just, well, crazy. Does anyone else make decisions based upon your horoscope? I do that. Yes, I do. Not all the time, but if my "love forecast" or "career" scope looks good or bad, I will tailor the day to that. Is that strange? It's not consuming my life, but I definitely use them. Funny thing is, if I don't like the horoscope I read, I will search the net until I find one that makes me feel better. I know this is bizarre, but I never claimed to be normal. Other OCD issues that I have....

I won't step on the metal grates, manholes, or other metal "things" covering sidewalk holes. I will do everything to avoid them.
I read magazines from back to front first. (now I did find someone else who does that.)
I have to have hospital corners on my sheets-and I know when they're coming undone as I start to become restless in bed.
I drink my coffee from the side of the mug that is opposite the handle. (Especially in a restaurant.)

I'm sure there are other things that I do that are crazy, but these are a few. Why I'm admitting them to the general public...no idea. I was just thinking about them. Anyone have any strange habits?

8 comments:

Wolfgang Buckner said...

I have to say, shopping for positive horoscopes has to be one of the funniest things i have heard...As for me, I cannot look at a person in the face if they have a moustache, but only a certain kind of moustache. The big, bushy, Magnum PI kind is ok, but the little thin one or the well-trimmed cop style 'stache makes me uneasy. Its like looking into the abyss for me...I get frightened and I must look away from the 'stache. Oh yeah, and I CANNOT STAND to hear the following words:

Pimp
Rectal
closure
EWWWWW

Not that you care...

Lesterhead said...

I have a certain way of using my remote control to turn on the tv. If someone else does it another way, it drives me nuts.

Also, I get the paper on wknds, and as soon as I open it, I immediately take out the sections I don't care about (sports, automotive) and dispose immediately.

I also like to sleep on two pillows, but with them slightly overlapping - not one totally on top of the other.

Wolfgang Buckner said...

Jen, I dont know who you are, but you win...wow.

TheGirlInTheCorner said...

who is wolfgang buckner?

i don't know...the mustache thing is a little weird, too.

this was definitely a good post. i love when i have the comments.

Wolfgang Buckner said...

um, wolfgang buckner is wolfgang buckner...thats my name, MOTHER FUCKNER.

Big Buddha said...

I don't think she wins. I've got the Deal Breaker remember? That's got to be worth some points.

Lesterhead said...

Jen wins over BrooklynJay. The binders are way dorky.

Here's something else I do- when I see something I want to do or buy in a magazine, I rip the page out so I can toss out the mag. Then I leave these sheets in various piles for months, until I go through them only to realize I don't want to buy them anymore, or the time has run out (ie an art exhibit).

Loving My Split Level said...

When I load my dishwasher, I have to group all forks together in one slot, spoons in one, knives in one, and miscellaneous in the other. This way, when I unload it, I can just grab a group by the handful and put them away quickly. I hate sorting them out one by one.

When I'm buying groceries, I have to put them on the conveyor belt in groups: all produce together, all dairy, all meats, all cellophane bagged snacks, all frozen items, all bakery items, etc. Why? Because I don't like the way the baggers do their jobs. They just throw everything together in one bag and waste bags, thus it's more for me to carry home. Plus, when I unload them at home, I can put it away faster.

I think I need to up the Zoloft...