Sunday, April 02, 2006

Up All Night, Fool All Day

I did it. Signed my life away...not really. However, I signed all of the preliminary stuff for my "new" house. I'm excited, but nervous. One thing I am excited about is redecorating and shopping for house type stuff. Two of my favorite things.

How lazy was I this weekend? Very. Had a few drinks after signing my paperwork on Friday with my friend Cortney and was in bed, asleep by 10:45. I woke up briefly for 5 minutes just after 11 and tried to watch Best Week Ever with no success. Saturday I did go for a walk, but then was again asleep by 10:05. I did wake up in the middle of the night and watch some cheesey teen movie called The Trojan War (have to say it was pretty funny.) Then today...took a nap! What a lazyass. However, this is where it leaves me now. 12:17 AM and I'm up. Hhhmmm..

Can't believe it's April. And, speaking of April...my mother literally put me in tears of laughter yesterday. For YEARS my mother would always pull the same April Fool's Day jokes. 1. "There's a deer in the yard." and 2. "It's snowing outside." Living in PA you can get away with the snow joke most years in April. My sister and I would fall for it as kids, but as we got older a strained yawn from under the covers would come up with "Ok mom. April Fool's. Ha, Haaa." So yesterday as I was helping my mother prepare for early Easter dinner with grandparents today she says...
Mom: Guess what? I was downtown today and you'll never believe what I saw by the Fayette Bank builing?
Me: What?
Mom: A deer!
Me: No shit. Poor thing. Probably was lost. Remember when that one went through the Healthmart on Gallatin Avenue years ago?
Mom: (With hand over mouth and gasping for air into laughter) April Fool's!!!!
Me: (Instant tears) OH MY GOD! I can't believe (tears and silent laugh) I can't believe I fell for that!!

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. So what did I do? Called my sister. Guess what?? SHE FELL FOR IT, TOO!!!! Hahahahha. Can you believe it?

I know. Sounds stupid, but it being the longstanding joke...very funny.

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

You got me laughing. My mom and I always fooled one another. The deer thing is totally something we would have done.