Monday, February 16, 2009

Weird, Scary, Universe

So I think in much earlier posts I have discussed The Secret and the power of positive thinking. Basically, if it's new aged, insightful and/or involves the paranormal...I'm in. I've read The Secret and I also have it on CD. Just recently, I've thrown it back in the car and listen on the way to work and the gym. Short spurts and such. Even though it's about the tenth time I've listened to it, I am hearing all new things. I guess, things I didn't "listen" to before. (As I used to tell my students...there is a difference between hearing and listening.) The biggest and most difficult concept I used to think was to Believe in what you were asking. Now, after listening today, I think it is equally difficult to know what you want to ask. Mainly...I think I am finally 100% sure of what I want in life. I had this little epiphany in bouts. Last month I went to a wedding and usually I'm pretty bitter about going and staring at something "I will never have." For the first time ever, I didn't feel that way. It wasn't all in that sickening sweet way, but in my own realistic voice. And, I Believed it. So...that's the background of the little things that happened today. These are minor, but if a guy can conjure up a feather in his mind, then, well, you get the point.

Alarm not set this morning...woke up 15 minutes before it went off.
Needed a hairband at the gym...found a random one in my pocket.
Needed socks at the gym (didn't pack them)...found a random pair in the bottom of my bag.
Thought about having dinner with mom and dad...mom called and was in the area and invited me to dinner.
Just about to text a friend to see if she was able to talk...she called.
Went to store and bill was $20.04. As I'm digging change out of my purse...clerk says, "The last two people each left two cents a piece. I have the four cents."

At this point I looked at her and said, "Thanks, but I have it here. Leave it for the next person...it's just been that kind of day for me. Everything has been going my way."

She looked at me with the strangest look and I walked out. I thought to myself, "Self. What you get is what you expect. Expect the best and it happens. Expect the worst and 9 times out of 10, the worst happens. (The other instances...miracles? That's another topic.)

It brings me to a quote that I really like after reading the Eckhart Tolle books..."Every snowflake falls exactly as it should," and "Whether it is clear to you or not, no doubt the universe is unfolding exactly as it should."

As VH-1 says...I'm having the best week ever!

No comments: