Sunday, February 15, 2009

Destiny

It's been a long time...but I think I'm back. I think the main reason I quit writing on here was being linked to it. In my line of work, I have to be candid with my personal life. I don't want to be candid on here...so if you comment, please don't use my name or any details of work, etc. Otherwise, TGITC goes back to the grave. I realized after burying this for a while, I really missed it.

What brings me back tonight is Destiny. Do you believe in destiny? I used to and then I quit. But, something now is taking me back to that belief that everything happens for a reason. More importantly, if you try to change destiny, the whole plan goes awry. For instance...

I went out Thursday evening to a "singles" event. Basically, you go out to this bar, order a drink and they put a flashing ice cube in your glass. You make the ice cube the appropriate color to designate or rather put a target on your status. So I bought into this, dressed up and was completely miserable. Why? Because this is soooo not what I do. And, I was not in my favorite black turtleneck and instead wearing something that made me look date-able. I was irritated, no one mingled and talked and to boot I lost my phone (to find it the next day in my friend's car.) Everything just kept going wrong. As I was convinced to go out on Friday, I put my black turtleneck sweater on, my vest and favorite jeans and things started falling into place (this is when the phone turned up as well.) I know it's minor, but moral of the story: Don't try to be something you're not.

Now, this is where I'm a little torn. I'm on the whole power of positive thinking...but more of what you are thinking, you draw to you. So, does this screw up Destiny?


I saw Slumdog Millionaire today and the whole destiny thing started coming to a head. SPOILER ALERT...I like the idea of "it's what is written." Is that destiny? Or, is it more of a combo of what you really want and what you really need. I think it's time to work on my vision board.

No comments: